Signed in as:
- AKANA Reunion
- AKANA Events
- News Blog
- Kata Korner
- Vintage Videos
- Charter Member Page
- SCC Rules
Signed in as:
SCC Official Sport Combat Championships unified rules and regulations:
The SCC is designed as a platform to launch fighters into additional fighting formats. The SCC is not designed to knock each other out or submit one another. It is designed to exhibit the fighter's combative skills and introduce them to a wider range of the fighting arts while displaying a traditional martial arts attitude of respect.
- Fights will be held on the matted area to protect the fighters. This may include a cage, boxing ring, or martial arts mat area.
- Fighters must have hybrid gloves approved by the sanctioning body.
- Fighters must wear mouthpieces approved by the sanctioning body.
- Male fighters must have groin protection.
- Amateurs must wear shin guards and headgear approved by the sanctioning body.
- Fighters must keep all clothing appropriate.
- Fighters must wear martial arts pants and their ranking belt. Shirts are optional per event.
- Fighters must not wear any jewelry during competition, this includes piercings.
- Fighters must have short fingernails and toenails.
- A small amount of petroleum jelly may be applied before competition in a Zorro-like mask, none anywhere else on the body. It must be provided by a cornerman from the fighter's camp.
- Women's Strawweight (115 LB / 52.2KG)
- Women's Flyweight (125 LB / 56.7 KG)
- Women's Bantamweight (135 LB / 61.2 KG)
- Women's Featherweight (145 LB / 65.8 KG)
- Men’s Bantamweight (135 LB / 61 KG)
- Men’s Featherweight (145 LB / 65KG)
- Men’s Lightweight (155 LB / 68 KG)
- Men’s Welterweight (170 LB / 77 KG)
- Men’s Middleweight (185 LB / 84 KG)
- Men’s Heavyweight (205 LB / 93 KG)
- Men’s Super-Heavyweight (over 205 LB / over 93 KG)
- SCA bouts may also be contracted at a Catchweight with the permission of the governing body
General bout description:
- Amateur bouts will be 3 rounds. Each round shall be 2 minutes with a 1-minute break in between rounds. Championship fights will be 4 rounds
- Pro bouts will be 3 rounds. Each round shall be 3 minutes with a 1-minute break in between. Championship fights will be 5 rounds.
- Striking shall include any strikes with closed-fist, kicks to the head, body, or legs, and knees to the body. No elbows are allowed.
- No striking to the back of the head or back of opponent
- All takedowns are included except spiking on top of opponent's head.
- Once fighters hit the ground, the referee will raise their hand to signal to the timekeeper to start the “downed opponent timer.” The timer will be 20 seconds during which ground and pound, positional control, and submissions will be allowed. If no submission is landing in the time given, each fighter will be stood up to start the fight back on their feet.
- Amateur fighters are not allowed any leg locks besides straight ankle locks
- 3 judges will score the bout with the “10-point must system.” Each round must have a winner, with that fighter being given 10 points, and the loser 9 or less.
- Hand strikes LANDED are 1 point.
- Kicks LANDED are 2 points.
- Takedowns LANDED are 5 points.
- Judges shall evaluate the round score on effective striking, effective takedowns, control of the center of the fighting area, and effective aggressiveness.
How to win:
- Winning will be whoever lands the most significant strikes as previously stated above.
- Submission win will declare the bout over immediately. This includes verbal submission as well.
- Technique and control will be a factor as SCC will be mostly about getting fighters ready for the next stage in their career. Technique over power.
-rules can be altered. The amendments must be agreed upon with both camps.
PO Box 922, China Grove, North Carolina 28023
Copyright © 2023 AKANA - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy